FineVu is the high performance Dash Cam arm of multinational parent company, Finedigital Inc., who are based in South Korea. Finedigital Inc. was established in 1992 and since then, have been manufacturing their own electronic devices, in-house. Since 1992, Finedigital started producing telecommunication equipment and solutions before they expanded their capabilities into automotive electronic systems. Over the years, we have come to appreciate and acknowledge that the South Korean made Dash Cams are some of the best globally.
We always seek Dash Cam manufacturers, like FineVU, who produce their own products in-house as they have 100% control over production, testing and quality. Different to many other Dash Cam brands, FineVu Dash Cams are not made in generic, 3rd party factories and have their logo stamped on generic products. FineVu Dash Cams are developed and produced by FineVU in-house.
FineVu pride themselves on producing ultra reliable Dash Cams and investing heavily in R&D and quality control. FineVu’s trademark is producing cost effective, LCD touchscreen Dash Cams with intuitive features and ease of use. FineVu back their products with a market leading 30 month camera warranty (12 month warranty on accessories).
The GX5000-2CH is one of FineVu’s highest spec LCD Dash Cams. It has been developed on a foundation of knowledge that FineVu have built up over many years. Whether wanting to record while driving or parked, the FineVU GX5000-2CH is a go-to LCD Dash Cam system.
Hands down, the FineVU GX5000-2CH is the best performing LCD screen Dash Cam we have supplied to date. We consider the GX5000-2CH Dash Cam to be an excellent all round performer, with a friendly LCD touchscreen interface. The FineVu GX5000-2CH offers daily reliability, performance features and easy, intuitive operation.
The notable performance features of the GX5000-2CH Dash Cam include:
- Dual 1080P FULL HD Resolution + the SONY STARVIS sensor – the front camera boasts the world renown Sony Starvis sensor which has positioned itself as one of the best Dash Cams sensors for all light conditions.
Allwinner V526 Dual Core processor is the brains of the GX5000 – The V526 dual core processor offers higher performance and ensures the GX5000-2CH operates smoothly. The dual core processor offers faster computing power to allow all the features to work together seamlessly. The GX5000 automatically and effortlessly switches between driving and parking modes (when hardwired) making it a true set and forget Dash Cam.
- 30 Month Camera Warranty – longest warranty offered on a Dash Cam which is testament to the build quality and confidence FineVu have in their products.
- Auto WDR (wide dynamic range). The GX5000-2CH automatically adjusts bright and dark environmental conditions to optimise video quality without the user adjusting any settings.
- Wide 145° front angle of view to ensure maximum coverage around your car while minimizing “fishbowl” or edge distortion.
- Vivid, High Resolution IPS LCD Touchscreen – perfect for those drivers who like a screen on their Dash Cam. A screen gives the mental reassurance that the camera is ON and recording and the angle adjustment is correct all the time. The screen also allows for easy menu navigation and initial camera set-up.
- Heads Up Display – the high resolution touchscreen can switch to an information screen displaying date, time and live speed (included GPS antenna must be used).
- Zoom Function – the touchscreen allows the user to zoom in on details while playing back videos. The additional handy screenshot feature allows the user to take zoomed in photos for later use.
- Super-capacitors are used instead of cheaper lithium ion batteries to excel in heat resistance and heat durability.
- Pre-buffered Parking Mode recording. The FineVU GX5000-2CH Dash Cam records 20 second parking mode files when triggered by either motion and/or impact. The motion and impact files are recorded 10 seconds before the trigger and 10 seconds after the trigger capturing more of the important lead up to the event. The motion detection sensitivity & impact sensitivity can also be tailored when in parking mode depending on your particular needs. *Parking mode operation requires installation of the included FineVu hardwire cable into the fusebox
- AI Damage Detection 2.0 – this is a new parking mode feature. The GX5000-2CH Dash Cam has the ability to detect which area of the car is hit while parked. When you restart the engine, the LCD screen alerts you to any impacts that were detected in parking mode and which area was hit.
- ON/OFF Switch – this feature may not seem like a big deal but we think it is. Sometimes the little things can make a big difference. When you hardwire most Dash Cams for parking mode, they will stay on and record when you park. But if you are parked at home or in a secure location and don’t need to record while parked, the only way to shut down others cameras is to pull out the cable. FineVu have included a simple on/off switch on the unit so you can shut the camera down easily while parked. No need to pull out the cable.
- ADAS alerts – the GX5000-2CH offers lane departure warnings and front vehicle movement alerts. These alerts can switched off if undesirable to the user.
- Micro SD card partitioning. The Micro SD card can be partitioned by selecting the % of space dedicated for driving files, parking mode files and impact/event files. The GX5000-2CH Dash Cam has 4 different profiles you can choose from depending on whether you want more space allocated for driving or parking.
- Dedicated Folder System on the Micro SD card. The GX5000 intuitively stores the driving, parking and event video files in their own folder on the Micro SD card. This means you can navigate your required file much easier.
- Large 128GB Micro SD card capacity which can hold up to 16 hours of total video files per camera before filling up and looping over.
- One-Touch SOS button – quickly and easily create an important emergency file. When the emergency button is pressed, a 20 second file is separately saved in an emergency folder for easy finding later on.
- Free FineVu Windows PC Viewer – free PC viewer for Windows and MAC users. The FineVu PC player is companion software that allows you to watch video files on your PC via the sd card and simultaneously view the vehicle location on a google map overlay.
- Inclusive accessories – FineVU have included both a hardwire cable (for parking mode) and cig lighter cable in the box. FineVU have also included the external GPS antenna which imprints the vehicle speed onto the footage (this can be turned off if not desirable). Also included is a high endurance Samsung 32GB Micro SD card to get you recording straight out of the box.
1. Recommended Micro SD Card = Genuine Samsung EVO PLUS or Samsung Pro Endurance
2. The FineVu GX5000-2CH comes with a 30 month warranty on the cameras and a 1 year warranty on all accessories
3. Do not use any SANDISK branded Micro SD card in a Dash Cam, it will cause functional and physical problems and will VOID the manufacturer’s warranty
5. If using an external battery pack for parking mode power, the FineVu GX5000 Dash Cam cannot be connected to an external battery pack (via the cigarette lighter cable) for parking mode recording. Only the FineVu hardwire cable can be used to operate parking mode. If connected to an external battery pack with the cig lighter cord, the camera cannot switch into parking mode. The included hardwire cable must always be used to activate parking mode.